R.I.S.K. Group: (Recovery in Self Knowledge)
Click here to see current group information: Risk Group
R I S K is a self-help/support group for women who are or have been in an abusive relationship. R I S K encourages its members to build on their own personal strengths and supports, and seeks to empower women to make their own life decisions.
The philosophy which guides the RISK Group is that women, who are oppressed by verbal and physical abuse in their relationships, become empowered to make their own life decisions by supporting each other and developing self-confidence. The path to empowerment also lies in becoming more aware of ourselves, our needs, our surroundings, the impact of power and control in our lives, then validating our thoughts and feelings, and learning to practice self-care.
The Forms of Abuse
- Are you being pushed, slapped, choked, punched, kicked, or restrained?
- Are you being called names, constantly criticized and blamed, shouted at and threatened?
- Does you partner refuse to take your concerns seriously and often make you feel guilty?
- Are you prevented from seeing friends and family; driving a car or having outside involvement?
- Does your partner prevent you from having a job, make you ask for money, not let you know about or have access to family money?
- Are you feeling afraid, crazy, alone, confused, angry, depressed, ashamed, or bad about yourself?
Our RISK Group offers:
What Women Say: