Most of us have been affected by abuse and violence. These behaviours are learned and are likely to be repeated in your family by future generations unless you step forward, take responsibility and make changes.
The First Step (PAR) Program is designed for men in Thunder Bay and area who recognize the negative impact of their abusive and/or violent behaviour. This 12 week curriculum is dedicated to motivating and empowering positive behavioural change in mens lives and relationships. The goal is to develop strong, non-judgemental and trusting relationships with our clients in hopes of creating a space in which men can explore the benefits of being accountable and responsible for their abusive behaviour and shifting toward safety and equality in their relationships.
- To increase the safety of men, women and children
- To create strong, non-judgemental, and trusting relationships with our clients
- To work with our clients to create positive and empowering change in their lives and relationships.
- To help clients explore their own abusive behaviour and shift towards accountability
- To provide them with psychoeducational material and discussion to explore various themes around relationships and domestic violence
- To advocate for client change by providing links to additional services at CFDC and in the community.