CATHOLIC FAMILY DEVELOPMENT CENTRE
is a not-for-profit nondenominational family service agency and has been serving the community of Thunder Bay since 1979. The Centre is dedicated to strengthening and empowering families and individuals through a high quality service within a respectful, caring environment.
- Healthy individuals
- Healthy families
- Healthy community
- The Catholic Family Development Centre is dedicated to strengthening, supporting, and empowering families and individuals in all their diversity.
- We believe that each person is unique, has inherent dignity and worth,and is to be treated with respect.
- We believe that all people have the potential for positive change and growth.
- We believe that family, in all its diverse forms is important.
- We believe that through empowering families and individuals, we build a better community.
We expect our clients to cancel appointments 24 hours in advance. Failure to give proper notice may result in a missed appointment fee.
Our funding does not cover the entire cost of service. Fees are on a sliding scale according to family income. You will be notified what your fee is prior to commencing counselling or a group program.
All contact with our Centre is kept in strictest confidence. No information is given out without your signed or informed consent. (Abuse of a child under 16 years of age is required to be reported by law in the Province of Ontario).
A record is kept on your personal file of your visits to the agency. If you wish to see your file, you may request this.
We are committed to providing a high quality service at all times. Any complaints or suggestions for improvement may be given to the Executive Director and will be handled with the strictest of confidence.